Human Resources Bureau Mission:
To establish the most optimal work environment that supports NMED’s mission, strategic goals and operations, for the sole purpose of high productivity, continuous improvement through technology, open communication, collaboration, personal accountability, organizational renewal, and exceptional customer service
“We will meet our mission through a cohesive effort of best practice Human Resources principles, common sense approaches, self-confidence, interest-based solutions and superior customer service.”
- Ensure management and staff complies with the SPB rules, NMED Policy, the CBA and the Law.
- Develop an attitude of teamwork and quality in our day to day operations.
- Create an atmosphere which fosters opportunities, challenges and safety.
- Seize opportunities which demonstrate excellent execution, caring attitude, and a sense of urgency.
- Commit to doing, to acting openly, equitably and consistently in our pursuit of uncompromising quality.
- Increase participation in the NMED while seeking knowledge, enthusiasm, and an improved quality of life for ourselves, co-workers, and the public.
- Respect team member values which may be different from our own.
- Communicate in a courteous, honest, respectful and fair manner with the diverse workforce from whom our department derives its strength.
- Continue to improve individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Anticipate and Meet the changing needs of the workforce.
- Create and Enhance Strategic Partnership.
- Improve services through technology.
Human Resources Bureau Core Values:
- Customer Service: We will strive to provide professional and quality assistance and guidance to our employees and partnering agencies. We strongly believe that if our employees are valued, our employees will take care of the citizens served by the New Mexico Environment Department. We will anticipate, listen, understand and respond to the needs of the NMED staff and partnering agencies in a proficient and timely manner. Our staff and partnering agencies can expect swift, well-informed and courteous service. We encourage constructive and positive feedback for the purpose of finding ways to continually improve our operations. A continued passion for service and are committed to understanding our customer’s; anticipating and addressing their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Leadership: We will lead by example, mentor, teach and provide guidance. We will advocate fair treatment in our behaviors, policies and overall agency practices.
- Integrity, Transparency and Accountability: We will communicate honestly and with appropriate discretion while striving to do what we say. We will perform ethically and for the genuine interests of our employees. We will aim to consistently do the right thing and will take responsibility for our own actions. We will credit ourselves for your successes and take responsibility for our failures. We celebrate accomplishments and see deficiencies as learning experiences to grow upon.
- Passion: Taking pride in our work and the people we serve.
- Diversity: We indorse a dynamic, energetic, highly skilled, knowledgeable and diversified workforce which will foster creativity, innovation and increase productivity.
- Integrity: Promoting mutual trust within our team, the people we serve, and the public by acting ethically and honestly.
- Partnerships: We will continue to build and strengthen business relationships with our employees and partnering agencies. We will effectively work collaboratively to ensure performance measures and goals are met. We are committed to a team oriented environment which will allow for professional growth and continued success.
- Confidentiality: We will always honor, respect and protect the confidentiality and privileged information entrusted in us.
- Fairness: We will exhibit the courage to be fair, equitable, ethical and consistent, and will make cognizant and educated decisions without prejudicial judgment or favoritism.
- Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds, and promote participation and partnership in all our endeavors. We will strive to build solid, long-lasting, relationships with team members, NMED staff and our partnering Agencies.
- Employee Development: The commitment to maximizing the potential of every member of the team and to support and promote HRB as a learning organization which strives for continuous organizational effectiveness
Payroll, Compensation and Classification
Donna Wright - Manager
Labor, Employee Relations & Staff Development
Labor and Employee Relations