The Clean Water State Revolving Fund program provides low-interest loans to eligible entities for a wide range of wastewater and storm water projects that protect surface water and groundwater resources. Funds may also be used for projects that control non-point source water pollution.
Funding is available for Planning Loans, Design Loans and Construction Loans. Loan subsidy may be available to disadvantaged borrowers or to borrowers that incorporate sustainability features into projects. Loan terms may be up to 30 years with repayment beginning one year after project completion.
Clean Water State Revolving Fund applications are accepted year-round.
- Water and Sanitation Districts
- Mutual Domestic Water Associations
- Pueblos and Tribes
- Private entities are eligible for limited types of projects
Program Eligibilities (Including, but not limited to)
- Publicly owned centralized wastewater treatment works construction, repair or replacement;
- Implementation of a non-point source management plan;
- Decentralized systems treating municipal or domestic sewage;
- Measures reducing, treating, or managing stormwater;
- Measures reducing demand to publicly owned treatment works through conservation;
- Watershed projects;
- Reducing energy consumption at publicly owned treatment works;
- Projects for reusing or recycling wastewater or stormwater;
- Increasing security at publicly owned treatment works
Loan Interest and Terms
CWSRF loans are offered at low interest rates of 0% to 1% for public entities and 2.375% for private entities. Loan repayment terms may be up to 30 years.
CWSRF Priority Rating System
Projects are evaluated and ranked based on the level of water quality protection achieved. More information on the ranking system is available here.
Contact us with questions at NMENVemail@example.com or 505-469-3459