New Mexico
Environment Department

Contact Information:
(505) 827-2855 MAIN // 1-800-219-6157 (toll free)
Environmental Emergencies:
505-827-9329 (24 hrs)

Drinking Water Bureau

Animas Valley Water Response

Status of Boil Water Advisories at Morningstar and Harvest Gold Water Systems

The New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) issued Boil Water Advisories for the Animas Valley (AV) Water’s Morningstar and Harvest Gold water systems on June 3, 2016, after a site inspection indicated that turbidity levels did not meet drinking water standards. The Morningstar water system is adjacent to Farmington, and the Harvest Gold water system is adjacent to Bloomfield.

NMED created this web page to inform customers and the public on the actions it is taking to ensure that AV Water provides safe drinking water.


  • Boil Water Advisory for Apple Orchard MDWCA (formerly Harvest Gold Subdivision) was lifted on November 21, 2017.  
  • Apple Orchard MDWCA submitted documentation verifying that flushing of the system was completed as well as sampling results which confirm that the drinking water being provided is free of Total Coliform and E.Coli.  Those documents can be viewed here.
  • The New Mexico State Board of Finance approved a $184,500 emergency grant to the City of Bloomfield for an interconnection between the Bloomfield and Harvest Gold water systems. The funding has been released to Bloomfield to begin construction of the interconnection.

  • The PRC approved transfer of the Harvest Gold water system from AV Water to the Apple Orchard MDWCA.


Timeline: Sequence of events and actions taken by NMED on AV Water

Press Releases: NMED Press Releases concerning AV Water

Emergency Orders: Documentation relevant to the Emergency Orders issued by NMED to AV Water

Compliance Documents: Select compliance documents issued by NMED to AV Water

Sample Results: Sample results for Morningstar and Harvest Gold water systems

Resources: Additional resources and information for AV Water customers


The Drinking Water Bureau has jurisdiction over the quality of the drinking water provided by AV Water.  To file a complaint against AV Water with the Drinking Water Bureau, fill out the Water System Complaint Form and submit it by email to:

The Public Regulation Commission has jurisdiction over AV Water rates, management, and reliability of service. To file a complaint against AV Water with the Public Regulation Commission, go to