State of New Mexico > Environment Department > Food Program
NMED Home Page

Contacting the NMED Food Program

Have a food-related question or complaint?  We're here to help!  Before contacting us, let's see if your concern is more appropriately addressed by another agency.

Packaged Food Products (produced outside NM)

If your concern involves a packaged food product being contaminated, spoiled, or contains a foreign object, contact one of these federal agencies:

USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline (meat, poultry, processed egg products) (888) 674-6854
FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator (non-meat food products) (303) 236-3044

Food Facilities (including packaged food products) in the City of Albuquerque or Bernalillo County

Contact one of these agencies:

Albuquerque Environmental Health Food Inspection and Safety (505) 768-2738
Bernalillo County Office of Environmental Health Food Safety (505) 314-0310

           Food facilities and/or Packaged Food Items on Tribal or Pueblo Land

 For assistance, contact:

Indian Health Services Division of Environmental Health Services ( 505) 256-6815

           If none of the above situations apply (or you're not sure), please contact the NMED Field Office nearest you.

           Your local field office will assist you with:

Permitting, training, or technical questions
Food facility complaints, food-related illness complaints, obtaining inspection results

page last updated