The Liquid Waste Program maintains lists of approved products.
Permits for the installation of septic tanks, advanced treatment systems, and proprietary drainfield products will not be issued unless the tank or product has been reviewed and approved by NMED before installation. Proprietary drainfield products must be reviewed by the Wastewater Technical Advisory Committee (WTAC). Septic tank manufacturers seeking approval of septic tanks can download the Application and Checklists for Septic Tank Certification Recertification. Manufacturers of proprietary advanced treatment units (ATU, ATS) or drainfield products can download the WTAC Product Review Document and Product Submittal Application form on the WTAC webpage.
All questions may be directed to Program Specialist Michael Broussard at (505)-476-9125 or Michael.Broussard@state.nm.us.
Approved Septic Tanks
- Approved Septic Tanks by Manufacturer 12-10-2020
- Approved Septic Tanks by Certification Number 12-10-2020
- Approved Septic Tanks by Capacity 12-10-2020
- Inactive Approved Septic Tanks by Manufacturer 12-10-2020
- Inactive Approved Septic Tanks by Certification Number 12-10-2020
Drainfield Products – do not include pipe and gravel drainfields
- NEW Drainfield Product Sizing Fact Sheet (Effective August 1, 2017)
- OLD (Historical) Drainfield Product Sizing Sheet (Expired July 31, 2017)
- Tire chips are approved by NMED for use in onsite wastewater system drainfields. When manufactured to the Tire Chip Specification developed by the Liquid Waste Program, the Wastewater Technical Advisory Committee found that tire chips do not pose a threat to groundwater. Manufacturers must obtain a permit from the Solid Waste Bureau before manufacturing tire chips in New Mexico.