The Climate Change Bureau identifies, implements and monitors New Mexico's efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 45% by 2030 as compared to 2005 levels. We are working to meet our climate goals by:
- Leading state climate policy development and implementation within the interagency Climate Change Task Force;
- Implementing actions identified in Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s 2019-003 Executive Order Addressing Climate Change and Energy Waste Prevention;
- Tracking and evaluating the State’s greenhouse gas emissions data;
- Implementing the Clean Car Rule and other policies that reduce the greenhouse gas footprint from transportation;
- Initiating the development of clean hydrogen (see the public version of a concept paper submitted to the US Department of Energy's (DOE's) Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs program); and
- Supporting climate work within the Environment Department, state agencies, and all other public and private entities throughout the state.
Learn more about our climate change efforts: