Public participation is a central part of any successful regulatory agency’s work. The Office of Public Facilitation (OPF) conducts fair and impartial public hearings for the Environment Department. The OPF is an independent unit within the Office of the Secretary, and is staffed by a full time Administrative Law Judge, a Board and Commission Administrator, and a Hearing Clerk.
These staff facilitate a variety of proceedings that include public participation, including board and commission meetings and rulemaking and administrative hearings.
The following Boards, Commissions, Committees and Councils are affiliated with the Department:
- Environmental Improvement Board
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Advisory Council
- Occupational Health and Safety Review Commission
- Radiation Technical Advisory Council
- Storage Tank Committee
- Utility Operator Certification Advisory Board
- Wastewater Technical Advisory Committee
- Water Quality Control Commission