Superfund Oversight Section
Well Drilling, Española, NM Removal Action, Silver City, NM
The Superfund Oversight Section (SOS):
- Identifies sites which may warrant remedial or removal action under Superfund (CERCLA)
- Conducts site assessments of inactive hazardous waste sites to evaluate them for potential action under Superfund (CERCLA).
- Provides management assistance and oversees remediation at Superfund sites listed on the National Priorities List.
- Regulatory staff work closely with EPA Region 6 personnel in Dallas, TX
There are currently 14 listed Superfund sites, and 5 deleted sites in New Mexico which are in various stages of investigation and remediation.
- Additional information on the Grants Mining District
- Additional information on the Homestake Mining Company Superfund site
|Mark Garman – Program Manager||505-660-8464|
|Sarah (Maggie) Ogden||505-670-0569|
- SEMS (CERCLIS) – Superfund Enterprise Management System (EPA)
- ATSDR – Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (CDC)
- IRIS – Integrated Risk Information System (EPA)
- ENVIROFACTS – Search multiple Federal environmental databases
Well House, Grants Mining District, NM