The New Mexico Environment Department Construction Programs Bureau oversees environmental infrastructure capital outlay projects appropriated by the State Legislature.
The funding process for Capital Outlay projects is:
- Capital Outlay bill passed by Legislature
- Governor signs appropriation into law
- Communities reviewed to ensure Executive Order 2013-006 requirements are met
- Communities certify they are ready to proceed with projects
- Bonds are sold for appropriations
- NMED sends grant agreements to communities
- Grant agreements returned to NMED for execution
- NMED project managers work closely with communities to ensure project success
- Communities send NMED executed project contracts to encumber funding
- Communities submit disbursement requests to pay project contractors
- Projects are completed
If you have any questions regarding Capital Outlay Special Appropriations Program, contact us at NMENVemail@example.com or 505-469-3365.