UPCOMING WATER FAIRS
Visit the NMED Calendar to find upcoming Water Fairs.
To learn more about well ownership, testing, and maintenance, download this brochure
How to collect a water sample for the water fair
- Fill a clean glass or plastic container without any strong odors, with at least a quart or a liter (i.e. half a gallon) of your well water.
- If the home has a whole house filtration system, collect the water at the well head prior to any filtration or softener systems if possible.
- Let the water run 2-3 minutes before collecting the sample.
- Fill the container with water as close to the time of testing as possible.
- Come to the water fair in your community at the date and time specified above and complete the Well Test Form.
- NMED will test for arsenic, electrical conductivity, fluoride, iron, nitrate, pH, and sulfate and mail your results in 2-4 weeks.
NMTracking by NMDOH
The Environmental Public Health Tracking program, also known as "NMTracking", by the NMDOH is the premiere resource for environmental and health data and information in New Mexico. This website can answer questions about air quality, drinking water, cancer, and a wide variety of other topics, including private wells.
To learn more about water quality issues, treatment, maintenance, and other topics of interest, click on a topic of interest below or visit WaterSystemCouncil.org
For questions about the Water Fair program or water testing in general, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org