Boil Water Advisories
A Boil Water Advisory is a public statement issued by a Public Water System advising consumers to boil tap water before consuming it.
Customers should assume the water is unsafe to drink and take the appropriate precautions.
What To Do When a Boil Water Advisory is Issued for Your Area:
Boil Water Advisories are issued when:
- An event has occurred allowing the possibility for the water distribution system to become contaminated.
- A public water system’s water quality sample results indicate exceedance of bacteria or turbidity standard.
- Evidence of a disease outbreak is reported to the NMED Drinking Water Bureau.
Boil Water Advisories are lifted when:
- The Public Water System’s sampling results once again meet the water quality standard.
Precautionary Boil Water Advisories recommended to a Public Water System when:
- A presumption can be made that drinking water may be contaminated by waterborne pathogens, such as from treatment failure or loss of distribution pressure.
Active Boil Water Advisories List
(see NMED Press Releases for full announcements)
Advisory Issue Date
|Chama Water System (NM3501021)||Rio Arriba||04/22/2020|
|Chapelle MDWCA (NM3501825)||San Miguel||06/28/2019||System is addressing issue; DWB is providing technical assistance|
|Rutheron Mutual Water Association (NM3502221)||Rio Arriba||05/01/2019||System is addressing issue; DWB is providing technical assistance|
|Aspendale Camp (NM3591819)||Otero||09/28/2018||Lifted on 10/18/2018|
|El Vadito de los Cerrillos (NM3504126)||Santa Fe||09/01/2018||System is addressing issue; DWB is providing technical assistance|
|Hummingbird Music Camp (NM3591023)||Sandoval||08/17/2018|
|Grenville Water System (NM3527231)||Union||07/21/2018||Lifted on 07/25/2018|
|San Antonio MDWCA (NM3573928)||Socorro||7/17/18||Lifted on 07/21/2018|
|Cochiti Elementary School||Sandoval||01/12/2018||Lifted on 1/24/2018|
|Cañada de Los Alamos MDWCA (NM3504026)||Santa Fe||10/17/17||Lifted on 10/20/2017|
|Mora Inn & RV Park (NM3590318)||Mora||10/10/17||Lifted on 10/17/2017|
|Artesia (NM3520308) and Morningside (NM3520408)||Eddy||9/16/17||Lifted on 9/23/2017|
|Chaco Culture National Historic Parks (NM3590324)||San Juan||9/14/17||Lifted on 10/03/2017|
|Vallecitos MDWCA (NM3503521)||Rio Arriba||8/12/17||Lifted on 11/20/2018|
|Harvest Gold Subdivision (NM3511524) – now under ownership of Apple Orchard MDWCA||San Juan||06/03/16||Lifted on 11/21/2017|
|Sugarite Canyon State Park Lake Alice Campground (NM3595104)||Colfax||06/27/15||System is addressing issue; DWB is providing technical assistance|
|Pinon Hills RV Park (NM3502514)||Lincoln||03/24/11||Under enforcement by US EPA|