How to Obtain an EPA Identification Number

Log in to myRCRAid here. myRCRAInfo is EPA's comprehensive information system, providing access to data supporting the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) of 1976 and the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments (HSWA) of 1984. The system enables cradle-to-grave waste tracking of many types of information regarding the regulated universe of RCRA hazardous waste handlers. RCRAInfo characterizes facility status, regulated activities, and compliance histories in addition to capturing detailed data on the generation of hazardous waste from large quantity generators and on waste management practices from treatment, storage, and disposal facilities.

Step-by-step instructions for using myRCRAid are available in the MyRCRAid User Guide and MyRCRAid Quick Guide

You may also use the paper 8700-12 form. Instructions for filling out the paper form are available here.

The form may be sent to:

NMED Hazardous Waste Bureau
2905 Rodeo Park Dr. E, Building 1
Santa Fe, NM 87505

Biennial Reporting Information

Large Quantity Generators of hazardous waste and facilities with a permit must submit a Biennial Report by March 1st of every even-numbered year. For information on how to complete your Biennial Report, please follow this link.

Using e-Manifest

e-Manifest facilitates the electronic transmission of the uniform manifest form, which accompanies shipments of hazardous waste. More information on how to use e-Manifest is available here.

Paying Fees

Hazardous waste generators are required to pay fees to the state.

Use this form (updated for 2022) to report annual hazardous waste generated and submit with payment. The 2022 Hazardous Waste Business Fee Report is available here.

Guidance on paying fees is available here.

Rules and Regulations

State and federal laws and regulations governing hazardous waste in New Mexico are available on the Laws and Regulations page.

Contact us

Ph: 505-476-6000

2905 Rodeo Park Dr. E, Building 1
Santa Fe, NM 87505

A listing of all Bureau staff and contact information is available here.

Back to Top