The New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) Air Quality Bureau (AQB) uses two methods to establish proof of identify for a person to electronically prepare, certify, and submit documents in AQB Online Applications. The Manage E-Sign button within the online applications and the Electronic Subscriber Application and Agreement Form ensure electronic signatures we accept meet EPA’s Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Rule (CROMERR) requirements.
Identity Verification and Electronic Signature (“E-Sign”)
AQB Online Applications have recently been updated to allow for electronic identity-proofing for new users. The Manage E-Sign button takes users to the CSI:NM application. Use the help menu and user guidance located on the right side of the screen to help you pass the identity verification!
• Not everyone needs an electronic signature! If you are preparing information in an AQB online application but are not the person who will sign and certify the submittal – you can use the application and do not need to be identity-verified or set up an electronic signature.
• New users (who will need to sign) will enter basic identifying information (name, date of birth, last 4 digits of SSN, and address) through a secure LexisNexis Instant Verify portal, which compares the information against a database of public and proprietary records in order to verify the users identity. We do not store this information. You will only have one chance to pass the identity verification, so please take your time and read all instructions.
• If you pass the online identity verification, you will be able to certify and submit online without the requirement for a notarized ESAA form. (An ESAA Form will still be required for some Compliance Reporting (AQBCR) roles defined below.)
• If you do not pass the online identify verification, you will need to submit the ESAA form to be able certify and submit online.
• Existing users who have previously submitted ESAA forms and had existing SEP accounts will need to register via the Manage E-Sign button to select new challenge questions and establish a password in the new system. These existing users will not need identity verification. This step will be required prior to document certification or submittal. If you attempt to certify a document, you will be redirected to the Manage E-Sign system.
• The Manage E-Sign (CSI:NM) application works best with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. Internet Explorer may prevent submittal of information for identify verification.
ESAA Form Link
Electronic Subscriber Application and Agreement (ESAA) with Instructions– Complete this form and mail it to our office if you did not pass online identity verification, or if required for AQBCR.
Remote and Electronic Notary Information
NMED accepts notaries from other states if the notarization was conducted in compliance with the regulations that apply in that state. This includes:
- Remote notaries (online, without being face-to-face with the notary)
- Electronic notaries (in person face-to-face with electronic documents)
- Wet-ink notaries (done face-to-face on hard copy documents)
New Mexico Governor’s Executive Order 2020-039 temporarily allows notary acts through audio-visual technology under certain conditions. Please refer to the National Notary Association’s Notary Bulletin on “Remote Notarization: What You Need to Know”. This website is updated as new information is available. The AQB is not responsible for the content of this web site.
AQB Online Application Links
AQB Online Applications are accessed via the NMED’s Secure Extranet Portal (SEP).
Air Emissions Inventory Reporting (AEIR)
Air Quality Bureau Compliance Reporting (AQBCR)
The AQBCR application is used for Excess Emission Reporting (EERs) and submittal of Routine Reports (RR) such as Annual Compliance Certifications, Semi-Annual Reports, NSPS, MACT, and NMAC reports, as well as permit requirement reports and startup/shutdown notifications.
AQBCR E-Sign Integration: ESAA forms will continue to be required for users requesting the AQBCR Facility Administrator role.
Please forward questions concerning ESAA Form submittal and AQB Online Application access to the appropriate application administrator indicated below. For assistance via phone, call the AQB at 505-476-4300 and leave a message. We will call you back.