Utility Operator Exam Essentials
NEW 2020 Computer-based Exam Application ⇐ Printable copy click HERE (Updated 8/14/2020)
The Utility Operator Certification Program (UOCP) will be offering NEW Computer-based Testing in mid-October for all operator certification exams. UOCP is partnering with the Association of Boards of Certification (ABC) and New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions to administer Computer-based Testing at 22 Testing Centers across the state.
NO old version exam applications will be accepted and will be rejected! Please print and submit the newly revised 2020 Exam Application in the link provided above.
EXAM Schedule (Updated 5/08/2020)
The previous 2020 Exam schedule for the in-person/paper exams are CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 Health Crisis. We will NO longer be offering in-person exams as they are being replaced with Computer-based Testing.
IMPORTANT Exam Payment Information
All Exam applications and payments will continue to be accepted by mailed to and made payable to:
NMED – Utility Operator Certification Program
PO Box 5469
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5469
*Pay ONLINE at NMED Online Payments
1) Click on the ‘PAY NOW’ Tab
2) Enter your Certman email address and zip code (contact our office to confirm email in Certman)
* BEFORE you can proceed with your online payment, a UOCP staff member will send to you an email notification confirming the Exam details and the Fees Due. As soon as you receive this email notification, your Fees must be paid within 3-days OR your application will be rejected.
⇒ See top of page for Application Form
Exam Formula Sheets & Study Information
Need to Know Criteria for Water & Wastewater Operators
Certification Exam Formula Sheets (Updated 2/20/2019)
Water & Wastewater Study Manuals
Training & Workshops
For information regarding training workshops and/or registration, please contact:
- New Mexico Water & Wastewater Association (NMWWA) at 505‐753‐8840
- New Mexico Rural Water Association (NMRWA) at 505‐884‐1031.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR EXAM SCORES
Please note, all results for exam scores will be mailed out to the operator address on file and will be made available online on the Operator Look-up. No results will be given over the phone or sent by email. Exam packets are expected to be completed by UOCP within 2-3 weeks from the exam date. Exam packets with printable copies of new certificates and ID cards will be electronically sent via email to the address on file in Certman. To confirm or update email address please sent a written request to UOCP.Certification@state.nm.us.