Environmental Improvement Board
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Friday, January 24, 2020. A PDF of the Agenda can be found here. Please check back for the most recent updates and changes.
When: 01/24/2020, Time 9:00 a.m.
Where: Harold Runnels Building
Room: Runnels Auditorium
1190 St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Agenda: A PDF version of the Agenda can be found here.
The following items are for discussion and possible action:
- Roll call.
- Approve the agenda.
- How the Public Notice requirements were met.
- Approval of meeting minutes from meeting on December 20, 2019.
- Public comment unrelated to agenda items.
- Election of Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. Time estimate: 20 minutes.
- Discussion on the filing of petition, docketing of case, Motion to Dismiss, and pending Unopposed Motion to Withdraw the January 8, 2020 Motion for Dismissal and Stay Proceedings. EIB 19-55, In the Matter of the Petition for a Hearing of OXY USA WTP Limited Partnership on the Title V Operating Permit P103-Rs MY for the Indian Basin Gas Plant. Owen Johnson, counsel for the New Mexico Environment Department. J. Scott Janoe, counsel for OXY USA WTP Limited Partnership. The Environmental Improvement Board may render a decision on the Unopposed Motion to Withdraw the January 8, 2020 Motion for Dismissal and Stay Proceedings following the discussion. Time estimate: 30 minutes.
- Deliberations on Rulemaking Hearing; EIB 19-35(R), In the Matter of the Proposed Amendments to the Hazardous Waste Regulations 20.4.2 NMAC and 20.4.3 NMAC. Christal Weatherly and Andrew Knight, counsel for the New Mexico Environment Department. Jodi Velasco, counsel for the Department of Defense. Charles de Saillan, counsel for Nuclear Watch New Mexico. The Environmental Improvement Board may render a decision following the hearing. Time estimate: 2 hours.
- Next meeting is scheduled for February 28, 2020, during which there will be a public rulemaking procedure on EIB 19-42 (R), in the matter of the proposed repeal and replacement of 20.7.11 NMAC.
Please check back frequently for the latest additions or changes.
All EIB meetings are open to the public. During meetings, upon the direction of the Board Chair, there will be time available for public comment on agenda items and on items not on the agenda.
If you are an individual with a disability who needs a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of ancillary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, contact Cody Barnes at least ten days prior to the meeting or as soon as possible at 505.827.2428 or email@example.com. Public documents can be provided in various accessible formats. Contact Cody Barnes if accessible format is needed.
|EIB 18-06 (R)||In the Matter of Proposed Approval of New Mexico’s Infrastructure State Implementation Plan for Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard|
|EIB 18-07 (R)||In the Matter of Proposed Repeal of 20.2.20 NMAC-Lime Manufacturing Plants-Particulate Matter Air Quality Bureau Environmental Protection Division New Mexico Environment Department, Petitioner|
|EIB 19-35 (R)||In the Matter of Proposed Amendments to 20.4.2 NMAC – Hazardous Waste Permit and Corrective Action Fees and 20.4.3 NMAC – Annual Hazardous Waste Fees|
|EIB 19-42 (R)||In the Matter of Proposed Repeal and Replacement of 20.7.11 NMAC, Liquid Waste Treatment and Disposal Fees|
|EIB 19-55 (A)||In the Matter of the Petition for a Hearing of OXY USA WTP Limited Partnership on the Title V Operating Permit P103-R3 MY for the Indian Basin Gas Plant|