The Radiation Technical Advisory Council (RTAC) established under NMSA 1978, Section 74-3-2 advises the Department and the Environmental Improvement Board on technical matters relating to the use, management, storage and disposal of radioactive material; prescribing license, registration and other related fees; requiring bond to the state for licensed activities; and establishing continued care fund deposit requirements.
The RTAC consists of seven members who are appointed by the governor for five-year staggered terms. Members of the RTAC must have scientific training in one or more of the following fields: diagnostic radiology, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, radiation or health physics or related sciences with specialization in radiation. The RTAC is required to meet once per year. The current RTAC members are:
- David Hunter, Chair 11/28/2022 - 11/27/2023
- Angela Marie Kohn, 10/24/22 - 10/23/26
- Edward Kline, 10/24/22 - 10/23/24
- Erin Campbell Zubia 10/24/22 - 10/23/26
- Jeffrey M. Hoffman, 10/24/22 - 10/23/27
- Miranda Mares 11/4/2022 - 11/3/2025
- Mark Garcia 11/4/2022 - 11/3/2027
- Chandra Yvonne Gerrard 11/29/2022 - 11/28/2027
- Melissa Ham 11/29/2022 - 11/28/2027
- James Mayer 11/29/2022 - 11/28/2025
- Lynette Trujillo 11/29/2022 - 11/28/2025
Upcoming RTAC meetings and associated materials are found on the NMED Events Calendar. Past RTAC meeting materials are available on the archived version of our previous website.