PSTB Main Address:
**Staff List Updated to Include Cell Phone Numbers**
Announcements and Job Openings
*NEW* Timely document submission
To allow for the continued timely review of submittals, the Petroleum Storage Tank Bureau is encouraging its customers to submit documents to the Bureau electronically to PSTB.Inbox@state.nm.us. In addition to submitting documents electronically, notarized documents and paper copies explicitly required by the regulations must continue to be submitted via mail.
For documents too large to be transmitted by e-mail, please send a link to a cloud-based drive where staff may access the document.
Please direct questions by e-mail to the respective program manager and/or Bureau Chief:
- Dana.Bahar@state.nm.us –Bureau Chief and Acting Reimbursement (CAF) Manager
- Lorena.Goerger@state.nm.us –Remedial Action Program
- Joe.Godwin@state.nm.us — Prevention and Inspection Program
- Antonette.Cordova@state.nm.us –Tank Operations and Support Program including—Tank Fees, Tank Registration, A/B operator training, Certified Installer (AST, UST, and Junior Installer) and Qualified Tester.
- PSTB is now accepting applications for the New Junior Installer Certification Program. Applications will remain in pending status as exams are not being conducted at this time.
- PSTB is now accepting requests for Qualified Tester
See our Tank Installer Certifications and Qualified Tester page for more information.
Job Opportunities with the Petroleum Storage Tank Bureau
|JOB TITLE||POSITION #||LOCATION||CLOSING DATE|
|Geoscientist – Sup||27304||Santa Fe||Open until filled|
Please go to http://www.spo.state.nm.us/ (scroll down to View Job Opportunities) for information and to apply for other jobs. State employees, please access Careers through your SHARE account. Enter the position # in the search field.
- Beginning July 24, 2019, owners and operators must demonstrate that persons who perform tests on storage tank systems have the experience, training and education to perform tests as per 18.104.22.1684 NMAC.
- A complete pdf of the NM Petroleum Storage Tank regulations, 20.5 NMAC, and key laws is now available.
See our Regulations, Current and Proposed page for the two bullets above.
Through a new program, loans may be available from the State Clean Water Revolving Fund for replacement, removal, or upgrade of storage tanks or remediation of releases. Please go to /construction-programs/clean-water-state-revolving-fund-cwsrf/ for more information. Applications are now being accepted year-round on an as-needed basis.
New Petroleum Storage Tank Regulations, 20.5 NMAC, took effect July 24, 2018.
A new Part 123, CAF administration, of 20.5 NMAC took effect December 27, 2018.
Changes to 20.6.2 NMAC, including some ground water quality standards, took effect December 21, 2018. Please visit our Regulation Revisions webpage for more information.
Quality of gasoline, diesel, etc., and measuring devices are regulated by the Department of Agriculture. You can contact them here (scroll to Standards and Consumer Services).
For non-discrimination information, please click or go to /non-employee-discrimination-complaint-page/.
PSTB Mission Statement
To reduce, mitigate and eliminate the threats to the environment posed by petroleum products or hazardous material or wastes released from underground and above ground storage tanks.
Science | Innovation | Collaboration | Compliance
tel. (505) 476-4377
cell (505) 699-4007
Manager – Prevention/Inspection Program
tel. (505) 476-4390
cell (505) 699-4006
Manager – Remedial Action Program
tel. (505) 476-4385
cell (505) 670-9618
Acting Manager – Reimbursement Section
tel. (505) 476-4377
cell (505) 699-4007
Manager – Tanks Operations and Support Program (Tank Fees, Operator Training,
Installer Certification, Qualified Tester)
tel. (505) 476-4392; cell (505) 372-8154
Offices in New Mexico
Albuquerque PSTB [District 1]
121 Tijeras Avenue NE, Suite 1000 – Albuquerque, NM 87102
Tel. (505) 222-9500 Fax. (505) 222-9510
Farmington PSTB [District 2] 1800 East 30th Street, Farmington, NM 87401
Tel. (505) 566-9741; Fax (505)-566-9757
Las Cruces PSTB [District 3]
2301 Entrada del Sol, Las Cruces, NM 88001
Tel. (575) 288-2050 Fax. (575) 526-6162
Roswell PSTB [District 3]
1914 West 2nd Street – Roswell, NM 88201
Tel. (575) 624-6046 Fax. (575) 624-2023