Looking for the Wildfire Guide? Follow the link below for Guidance Documents, scroll down to E-Blast Archives, click on Wildfire Guide for UST and AST Systems/Guía de Incendios Forestales para los Sistemas UST y AST (5/27/2022), and click on the link in the e-blast.
The Petroleum Storage Tank Bureau works to reduce, mitigate and eliminate the threats to the environment posed by petroleum products or hazardous material or wastes released from underground and above ground storage tanks.
This is accomplished by:
- Preventing leaks and spills through equipment, monitoring, testing, installation, removal and other requirements, which are enforced through inspections.
- Requiring corrective action such as repairing or closing the tank system and cleaning up the spill or leak.
- Adhering to the regulations governing owners and operators of petroleum storage tanks located in 20.5.101-20.5.125 of the New Mexico Administrative Code. The complete current NM Petroleum Storage Tank Regulations Book can be found here as well.
All forms are here: Forms Page. Scroll down to the Petroleum Storage Tank Bureau on that page and click on it.
*Note: if unable to download a form, try using a different internet browser, such as Firefox or Chrome, for proper download
Guidance documents for owners and operators on New Mexico's storage tank regulations are available here.
Los documentos de orientación para propietarios y operadores sobre las regulaciones de tanques de almacenamiento de Nuevo México están disponibles aquí.
Vea las regulaciones completas de los Tanques de Almacenamiento de Petróleo de Nuevo México y los resúmenes aquí.
Petroleum Storage Tank Facilities, Releases, and Reports (GoNM) - map to use to find records
Petroleum Storage Tank Facilities and Release Sites At a Glance (Dashboard) - map, numbers, graphs
More information about the Storage Tank Committee, which serves as an advisory body that reviews corrective action plans for petroleum storage tank leak sites and monthly financial reports for the Corrective Action Fund, is available here.
Click on menu at upper left to find out more.
The Bureau maintains lists to assist regulators, businesses and homeowners, as well as fulfill regulatory requirements. Download instructions for finding information on specific leaks or tanks here.
- Active Leaking and No Further Action Sites
- Active Petroleum Storage Tanks (Excel) (PDF)
- All Petroleum Storage Tanks (Excel) (PDF)
- Public Record on Underground Storage Tanks
After signing up for PSTB updates be sure to follow the emailed instructions for confirmation.