Useful Links

Case Studies

All tire bale civil engineering applications projects require a permit from the NMED Solid Waste Bureau. They may also require permits from the US Army Corps of Engineers, NMED Surface Water Quality Bureau, and local government agencies. Be sure to contact the appropriate government authorities before starting your project.

NM Tire Bale Civil Engineering Applications (1999 to 2011):

Other Resources

NM Tech and NMDOT Tire Bale Research Project

This study/handbook was prepared by New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering and the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Research Bureau.

Rubberized Asphalt Concrete Pavements in New Mexico – Market Feasibility and Performance Assessment

This research and report was funded by a RAID Tire Grant awarded to the South Central Solid Waste Authority in FY 2011.

For More Information

Contact: William (Bill) Myers

Contact us

Ph: 505-827-0197

For a list of staff contact information, click here.

Back to Top